Find wedding ideas and inspiration at no cost

下午6:22:00 Ishiha 0 Comments

There are plenty of ways a bride can find ideas and inspirations for her wedding. And I will not allow myself to spend a cent to do this. The magazines below are just some that I’ve gotten for free. Others I already gave to a friend.
Below are some ways to get ideas for your wedding at no cost:
  • Go online! The world wide web is populated with tons of wedding websites where you can get plenty of ideas and inspirations for your wedding. Visit wedding sites, blogs, forums and photo sites. A few of my favorites are Brides.com, Snippet and Ink, Southern Weddings Mag, The Bride’s Cafe, Flickr. Click here for a complete list.
  • Attend bridal shows or expos. Besides getting ideas from the event itself, you can also get free wedding magazines. I don’t go to events that I have to pay for. There are a lot of events that are free. If the event is not free, search online for coupons or ticket giveaways. Weddingwire.com has an extensive list of events and promotions. Wedding blogs often host contests and giveaways.
  • Ask previous brides for ideas and if they want to get rid of their wedding magazines. Don’t just ask the people you know, join forums too. TheKnot forums has local boards which makes it easy to find brides in your area.
  • Sign up at your local online wedding guide if any. I signed up at www.yournewportwedding.com and I received a lot of helpful info including the Newport Wedding Magazine.
  • Ask vendors when you meet with them. Vendors sometimes receive complimentary copies of magazines that they can give their current and future clients.
  • Browse through magazine racks. All you need is to see an idea or inspiration. You don’t need to take it home and stare at it, do you? If you think you won’t remember, jot it down or take a picture.
Tip: Take a note of where you get your inspirations from. I find myself going back to my sources for more info on those ideas I liked. For example, Brides.com usually has a note for each photo that includes where the materials were obtained and MarthaStewartWeddings.com has instructions on some of their ideas.
If you got the idea online, instead of just saving the photo, favorite the site or use tools like Polyvore.com. Plumeria Bud has a list of online tools you can use here. If you found the idea in an event or publication, take a photo. In addition, if you post the ideas online, you’ll be able to credit your sources.
Where do you get your ideas and inspirations from?

0 意見:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...